USIE - Undergraduate Studies in Education


Make a difference. Change lives.

Congratulations for considering teaching as a career. You probably have questions about how long it takes to become a teacher or what major you should consider. You may want to know if you can become a teacher with only a bachelor's degree.

Undergraduate Studies in Education (USIE) is part of the College of Education and Human Development at George Mason University. USIE provides a variety of services for undergraduate students interested in the field of education. We can answer questions about how to:

  • Prepare for graduate-level teacher licensure programs through required undergraduate coursework and exams;
  • Attain teacher licensure with a bachelor's degree (through one of several licensure programs); or
  • Register for one of our education minors.

USIE collaborates with the School of Education; School of Sport, Recreation, and Tourism Management; School of Kinesiology; the College of Humanities and Human Sciences; the College of Science; the College of Visual and Performing Arts; and New Century College.

If you're ready to make a difference, contact us in USIE to help you plan your next step on the pathway to becoming a teacher. You're also invited to use the links on the left side of this screen to learn more. We look forward to hearing from you.